Hi Tonny,

> In your proposed patch, it bypass the unsolicited response only if the
> 2nd number after +CGREG: is not single digit, however if the lac is
> single digit, we will still get the wrong state number.

The lac is given as a 2 byte number and should always be printed as four
hexadecimal letters.  If this is not the case, then you should have a
serious talk with your vendor.

> So I still believe we should check whether we are at the end of the
> return string before parsing the unquoted lac and ci.  If we are at the
> end of the string, then this is a unsolicited code and we should ignore
> it.  How do you think?

I'm against this, if you really want to guard against this, then use the
approach similar to comprehension_tlv_iter_copy in src/simutil.[ch].
You can use that to 'peek' ahead and figure out whether the response
contains 3 or 4 elements.

But again, you would not be having this issue in the first place if your
vendor followed standards ;)

Regards,
-Denis