On Tuesday 08 February 2011 18:22:43 ext Sjur Brændeland, you wrote:
> > > +             boolean PreConditionCheck(string Type, string
> > > PeerAddress, +                                     uint16 PeerPort,
> > >  uint16 LocalPort) +
> >
> > That stuff is per context. Should it not be in the context object rather
> > than in the IMS manager?
>
> oFono should only consider QoS information from the IMS
> Default and Dedicated bearers when checking the precondition.
>
> In theory there might be more than one IMS APN for a operator,
> but I really don't see this as a real life scenario for this.
> If anyone disagrees please speak out and explain...

Well, I don't care if it is part of the normal context interface, or if it is
an extra IMS-specific interface on the IMS context object path. But this is
clearly a per-context thing so it should be in the context.

I don't want to end up in a 'woops' situation down the line. And I don't trust
operators not to actually implement those useless in real life scenarii...

> > > +             array{string} PcscfAddresses [readonly]
> >
> > Should this be in the context object? The AT command is per CID. Would it
> > make any sense for a network to have different P-CSCF based on the
> > bearer?
>
> As mentioned above, I don't see why an operator would ever have more than
> one IMS APN. If we only have one IMS APN, then we might as well present
> this information here in the IMS API.

How do you cope with two connections to the same APN?

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Nokia Devices R&D, Maemo Software, Helsinki