On 07/09/17 19:05, Denis Kenzior wrote:
Hi Slava,

On 09/07/2017 08:06 AM, Slava Monich wrote:
On 07/09/17 12:47, Jonas Bonn wrote:
On 09/07/2017 06:23 AM, Nishanth V wrote:
added new DBUS methods RegisterAgent and UnregisterAgent to
Networkmonitor interface so that any client of ofono can register for
serving cell updates. Added new agent interface NetworkMonitorAgent
with two methods, ServingCellInformationChanged and Release.

My spontaneous reaction to this is that it feels like the wrong approach. Why not make the properties actual DBus properties and provide PropertiesChanged events for them? That begets you the same functionality for "free".

The implementation also seems to limit the number of clients receiving those cell change notifications to just one. Why? In real life more than one process may need those.

You keep saying that, but never provide concrete scenarios how this could be 'useful'? I am tempted to simply ignore such feedback in the future.

In the Sailfish OS case, one is the positioning helper, and there's the factory test app. That makes it at least two. The factory test app often plays the role of the second client since it's touching pretty much all the important interfaces in the system. And there are 3rd party apps which we don't control.

For now I don't see why we would want to have multiple agents registered and to keep the implementation simple we will only support one.

That's fine, we are using a different interface for getting cell information anyway. Go ahead and ignore the feedback.

Cheers,
-Slava

Regards,
-Denis