Hi Giacinto,

On 10/20/2018 11:24 AM, Giacinto Cifelli wrote:
Hi Denis,

I still don't get this explanation.  You have a gemalto specific
function, which is being passed the CID directly by the caller.  Why is
there weird logic here to mess with the CID, just have the caller pass
in the proper CID directly.

Also note that cid 1 and 3 are by default valid CIDs for context
activations.  So your 'default attach' profile can be overridden by the
core at any time.  So you may want to address this by setting the cid
range appropriately.

The function is to be called also from gprs-context, therefore passing
0 it knows it has to check whether it has to use 1 or 3 or something
else.

Sure, but fundamentally it is still gemalto specific, so why would you call it with cid=0 anyway?

The cid-ranges are set in the plugin, also because I cannot use
AT+CGDCONT=? with all models.
There are some that return an answer to this command like (1-16),
which is ok, but then we have some that return (1,2,3,4,5,6), and
still other (1-10,17)...

That is all fine, but the logic to determine the cid belongs outside the utility function.

Regards,
-Denis