Hi Denis,

Den mån 12 aug. 2019 kl 21:57 skrev Denis Kenzior <denk...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Richard,
>
> >     So I don't get this.  We have CREG telling us: "we're on LTE" and
> CGREG
> >     telling us "Oh we don't know what our status is".  Why do you trust
> one
> >     and not the other?  Are you sure this doesn't belong in a driver
> quirk
> >     somewhere?
> >

> > When CREG tells us we are on LTE, we will probably not even try attach
> > to gprs (CGATT),
> > refer to gprs_netreg_update.
> > In my understanding that means that its natural that CGREG reports
> > unknown or similar.
> > CEREG would be the interesting one... but since the code is built around
> > using activated context as condition when running on LTE I think we
> should
> > use the same condition here.
>
> Ah, so you're on one of those modems that started using CEREG instead of
> CGREG for reporting LTE.  So in that case I'm fine with this (maybe add
> a more clarifying comment).  But I suspect that we also need to consider
> adding ofono_gprs_lte_status as well and taking both into account.

I will refine the comment, and yes I think we need lte_status at some point.
There might be a chance we can do it without, but only when LTE is the
"other case", when more techologies are introduced we definitely need
a status per tech.

I have more in the pipeline regarding this, I'm kind of working step by step
to get LTE to work properly and with hand over to come.

--Richard