On 4/23/07, Bob the Hamster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like some vigorous music backend testing to establish which one
> works on the largest number of user's computers. We could put together
> an RC1 release pretty easily (which I will probably do soon)
>

> But I was thinking it would be great to put together a very simple RPG,
> say with one hero, one map, and some NPCs that would test each different
> music format and each different sound format and then provide
> instructions for where the user should report their results.
>
> Is anyone up to the task of creating soundtest.rpg?

Okay, uh. One thing though. What formats are officially supported and
for what? SFX is WAV and Ogg, right? Music is WAV/Ogg/MP3/MIDI,
correct? If I'm leaving one off, let me know.

I can come up with music and can test each backend on Gentoo Linux
(including music_native). Just need to know what formats.

--
Keith Gable
Lead Programmer / Project Leader

[Ask me how you can get a free Gmail account - Now with Google Chat!]