On 9/6/07, James Paige <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 09:10:02AM +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> > > ... actually, I just realized why I still need to include
> > > plotdictionary.html ... because a lot of people will be installing right
> > > over a previous installation, and if their old plotdict.html doesn't get
> > > overwritten with a new one, they will be wondering why they cant find
> > > the docs for the new commands (or they won't even know the new commands
> > > exist at all)
> >
> > Then why don't you just make plotdict.html contain a single link to
> > http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/docs/plotdict.xml, plus some blurb
> > about new location?
>
> generating plotdictionary.html from plotdict.xml is pretty easy, and
> keeping plotdictionary.html is a courtesy to those who are masochistic
> enough to keep using hssed :)
>
> ---
> James Paige

On my computer it takes about 15 seconds to render plotdict.xml, but I
still prefer it to the wiki.
The html version will compress down to only a few kB. I don't see any
good reason to leave it out even if people didn't have old copies
lying around. The full package and installers are meant to include
everything you need to make a game, and plotscripting documentation is
definitely part of that.

(Also, I still use Hssed, but I don't normally use its help function)

Actually, what exactly is the aim of the minimalist .zip? It doesn't
include the necessities for scripting, and the only way to get them is
by getting the full distribution, OR a nightly and an HSpeak nightly
at the point Ubersetzung was released. A nightly HSpeak after the
release may not be compatible. It's sort of more of a ohrrpgce_play
with Custom thrown in for examining games.

TMC