On 09/13/14 04:16 AM, Peter wrote:

I'm also investigating whether the crypto acceleration drivers can be rewritten to support T1, T2 and T3, based on hypervisor documentation, header files and some dtrace analysis.

I just picked up a 2U T2 sparc with 128 threads, 64GB Ram, 10GigE and room for 16 SAS 2" hard drives, cheap, others will do the same.

It's clear that Illumos isn't the right place for me to contribute directly, but the whole community will benefit if I and others like me can contribute via OI.

I know T1,2 crypto is well supported in SunSSH.
And I am not sure if that support is somehow killed in recent movements in OpenSSH in illumos. I suppose they are at illumos trying to kill SPARC hardware crypto support together with this OpenSSH movements. I have this document saying few things about Opensolaris SPARC T hardware crypto inclusioin, with clearly saying some very similar things as on illumos lists.
sunssh-012008-062009_public.pdf
(http://web.archive.org/web/20120512191020/http://www.filibeto.org/~aduritz/truetrue/solaris10/security/ssh/sunssh-012008-062009_public.pdf)