Hi,

2 things in a hurry

#0.) SNA is *noooooo* option on any  Solaris, including latest native Oracle
Solaris 11.3 with its own unmodified kernel code.
(see  https://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2016-September/004835.html )

#1.) Independently of SNA after Intel-KMS footed X11 exits the console cannot
get restored in text-mode with Illumos' ancient console driver.
I don't have my original mini-announcement at hand where I explained the
top-surface of the reasons for this.
But after I spent all of April on this single issue I have no problems to make
an Illumos-wide hacker competition: If any of the smartests Illumos hackers
gets this feature working, he gets' 100 EUR from me.
I don't have 100EUR but it is safe for me to run such a competition, because
*nobody* will be technically in a position to get this working with Illumos'
(so far) current console driver and without vbios support in unix itself etc.
This includes Randy Fishel, I invite everybody. Get this working and I'll give
you 100EUR!
I have that all through. Ah btw, even the smartest FreeBSD and OpenBSD
community members didn't get that working for Intel-KMS.

But what's the point: While the console cannot get restored (stdout), stdin
stays intact. So one can blindly login and enter commands. And one can even
blindly restart svcadm enable gdm.
All that works, the rest never ever will. I know what I am talking about, most
others around anywhere don't, simply because they cannot, unless they spent
half a year with the S12 KMS backport alone (leaving aside years of earlier DRM
porting experience).

That's simply a fact.

For the VirtualBox release I think today evening it will finally happen.

best regards,
%martin bochnig