On 05/16/17 08:47 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
On 05/16/17 05:54 PM, Dariusz Sendkowski wrote:
Hi,

It seems that Glade can be bumped to 3.19 (already checked), which is the
highest version that does not require bumping GTK+.

I see that current Glade is built only for 32 arch. Should the new version
be also built only for 32, both 32 and 64 or maybe only 64?

Hi.
There are a lot of components, dependent on libglade, so it should be preserver
for both bits. Also check that our glade generates gtk2 interfaces and should
continue doing so until gtk3 is not default gtk version.

Be careful to distinguish between libglade, which loads Glade version 2 files &
has been deprecated upstream for over a decade, and the Glade 3.x application
which generates GtkBuilder files, read by the GtkBuilder API's in libgtk 2.12
and later:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkBuilder.html
https://www.simple-is-better.org/gtk/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glade_Interface_Designer

(Things I all had to learn when figuring out how to deal with this on our side,
 in which I recently removed libglade altogether as it's not needed in GNOME 3.)

        -alan-