On 02/26/18 08:48 PM, Prakash Surya wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem using ONU to upgrade an OI Hipster system to a nightly
build of the illumos-gate. Basically, after I upgrade via ONU and reboot,
the system is running the new BE, but the new kernel (and other packages)
aren't running (i.e. they're not part of the new BE).

I'm guessing this is a result of how I'm setting the PKGVERS_BRANCH
illumos.sh variable, where I set it like so:

PKGVERS_BRANCH=$(pkg info -r pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWcs | awk '$1 ==
"Branch:" {print $2}')

Is this how I should be setting this variable? How do others upgrade OI to
a nightly build of illumos-gate?

Hi.
I usually set PKGVERS_BRACNH to RELEASE_MAJOR.RELEASE_MINOR+1.0.0 (where RELEASE_MAJOR and RELEASE_MINOR matches OI versions). To find out what is going on, it would be interesting to see the output of pkg update -vv osnet-incorporation@YOUR_VERSION.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,