On Fri, 2022-02-11 at 06:54 +0100, Stephan Althaus wrote:
On 2/10/22 23:36, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Stephan Althaus wrote:

o support your investigation, I tried mdb and it says

mdb: target performed exec of /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil
*Panic: epoll_ctl(add, 4) failed: Not owner (fd doesn't support epoll)*

The last time I built dovecot under OmniOS (quite some time ago), it picked up
Linux compatibility functions such as epoll() which were implemented for Linux
system call emulation but did not work in dovecot.  So the solution was to
force using the more native poll(2) instead.

Bob

Hello!

There is some "ifdef" mechanic in there, so you could disable the epoll
mechanism with a simple patch and make dovecot use a different approach.

Have a look in  core/m4/ioloop.m4

Ah, there is a configure option --with-ioloop=poll

That is exactly what is done in pkgsrc, they also disable inotify

<snip>
# Explicitly disable epoll/inotify on illumos, dovecot assumes Linux-specific
# implementation details.
CONFIGURE_ARGS.SunOS+= --with-ioloop=poll
CONFIGURE_ARGS.SunOS+= --with-notify=none
</snip>

regards

Al

Essiell is a limited company registered in England with company number: 1957652
and VAT registered number: GB 760 2433 55. Our registered office is at The
Courtyard, High Street, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 7HP (c/o Kirk Rice LLP).
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential
information. It may also contain material which is subject to legal privilege.
If you have received this message in error please delete it and all copies from
your system and notify us immediately by return email.
For information about how we process data and monitor communications please
read our Privacy Policy<https://essiell.com/privacy-policy> and Cookie
Policy<https://essiell.com/cookie-policy>. And please read our Terms of
Use<https://essiell.com/terms> when visiting our website<https://essiell.com/>.