On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 03:58:59PM +0000, Peter Tribble wrote:

>    For gimp, can you not simply build with --disable-python?

That's certainly worth a try.  However, I understand that a python-3
version is coming soon.

>    In Tribblix, I've largely eliminated python2.

I suspect OI will become the same way.

>    But there are still one
>    or two things
>    that need it (gnome-doc-utils being one, older Node.JS which will
>    eventually go
>    away, but also Pale Moon requires it for build). So I'm actually
>    keeping a python2.7
>    package, but it only exists to meet a handful of build dependencies so
>    doesn't
>    get installed in the normal course of events, and I'm expecting to keep
>    it that
>    way for a while.

If it's only a build-time dependency, but not a run-time dependency,
that's still pretty good.  Only developers will install it in that
case.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-