I have tagged "Release-1.8.10" and moved the "release" branch marker to that
point.
Release notes are below.

As usual, stable releases are guaranteed to be fully backwards source and link
compatible with prior releases within the 1.8 family of releases.

More development continues in the 'master' branch, where we make no such
promises about API or ABI stability (though the software itself should be
equally robust -- we use it in production every day).

Releases 1.7 and earlier are considered obsolete, and are only patched upon
specific request regarding critical fixes.

Release 1.8.10 (1 Apr 2018) -- compared to 1.8.9
* oiiotool frame sequence wildcard improvements: fix handling of negative
  frame numbers and ranges, also the `--frames` command line option is not
  enough to trigger a loop over those frame numbers, even if no other
  arguments appear to have wildcard structure. #1894
* TIFF bug fix: read_tile() and read_tiles() input of un-premultiplied tiles
  botched the "shape" of the tile data array. #1907
* Windows/MSVC build fix: use the `/bigobj` option on some large modules
  that need it. #1900, #1902
* fmath.h, hash.h, color.h: changes to make it friendly to Cuda compilation
  (#1888, #1896, #1905).
* fmath.h avx-512 improvements. #1893
* testsuite is not Python 2/3 agnostic.

--