rkflx added a comment.

  Albert: Do you remember why
https://phabricator.kde.org/R223:f93ccd7923491c6b1412ba5cb1fe0711e44496d8 was
necessary? There is no bug linked and no autotest. Using just the commit
message as a testcase, with https://phabricator.kde.org/D7671 applied and
`watcher->addDir(fi.absolutePath())` removed I can still trigger a reload with
`rm file.txt; touch file.txt`. At first sight, watching a directory when we are
interested in the file feels like a workaround for bugs or missing features in
KDirWatch at the time (and not needed anymore today), perhaps something like
inode vs. path watchers.

  We could think about whether
https://phabricator.kde.org/R223:f93ccd7923491c6b1412ba5cb1fe0711e44496d8 can
be reverted in total (not sure, did not grasp the other code parts yet) in
favour of https://phabricator.kde.org/D7671. The former seems complicated and
does not support Kate, the latter is easy to understand and supports both the
original case and Kate.

  If there is interest, I can provide logs from the ancient system gathered
with `inotifywait -m .` which show what's going on.

  (Julian: Sorry to intrude, feel free to pick up from here.)

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7671