ngraham added a comment.

  In D15580#339642 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#339642>, @simgunz wrote:

  > In D15580#339425 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#339425>, @ngraham
wrote:

  > > > **To test this revision**
  > > >  Temporary move the file .config/okularpartrc or the annotation tools
may not match the ones in the buttons.

  > > This won't be a necessity for the final version, right? We wouldn't want
users to have to do this.

  > That is a good point. If I am not wrong there is a tool to update the
configurations file of KDE apps during an upgrade (I think someone told me that
in a phabricator discussion). Maybe we can use that tool. Otherwise I can store
the same settings using a different key in the the configuration file (less
clean solution) in order to not conflict with the existing settings of the
users.

  See https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Updating_KConfig_Files
and/or https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tools/Using_kconf_update

REPOSITORY