Standard library practices for monographs in multiple volumes is to simply give a volume statement, like "2v.", in the place of the pagination. That's all that is needed. If, however, the volumes have been scanned, then, as Tom mentions, for scanned works, there is a separate IA entry for each volume, since each volume is a separate scanned file.

One possible solution is to use the table of contents area. Since Markdown is being used for editing, a full URI is coded as actionable. So if you put:

* Volume 1 | http://archive.org/details/.....
* Volume 2 | http://archive.org/details/.....

It should create clickable links to each scanned volume.

kc