From: "Karen Coyle" <kco...@kcoyle.net>
To: "Open Library -- technical discussion" <ol-tech@archive.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2016 2:29:04 PM
Subject: Re: [ol-tech] Fwd: How to handle Volumes within an Edition??

Standard library practices for monographs in multiple volumes is to
simply give a volume statement, like "2v.", in the place of the
pagination. That's all that is needed. If, however, the volumes have
been scanned, then, as Tom mentions, for scanned works, there is a
separate IA entry for each volume, since each volume is a separate
scanned file.

One possible solution is to use the table of contents area. Since
Markdown is being used for editing, a full URI is coded as actionable.
So if you put:

* Volume 1 | http://archive.org/details/.....
* Volume 2 | http://archive.org/details/.....

It should create clickable links to each scanned volume.

kc

Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
m: 1-510-435-8234