Same here.

Please enjoy and make us proud :)


On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Sameer Verma <> wrote:

> I'll second the motion.
> Sameer
> On Sep 19, 2017 7:01 PM, "Walter Bender" <> wrote:
>> Alas, we have made no headway on my email regarding our travel advance
>> policy [1], but we have an important decision to make as soon as possible
>> [2].
>> As you know, we are hoping to send three representatives from Sugar Labs
>> to the Google Summer of Code summit. Google has in fact allocated $3300
>> towards travel for this purpose (See [3] below). The plan of record was to
>> send Cristina Del Puerto, who will be traveling from San Francisco,
>> essentially at no cost, Samson Goddy, who will be traveling from Nigeria,
>> and Michaël Ohayon, who will be traveling from France.
>> Samson has requested that the SFC prepurchase a ticket for him, as
>> detailed in [2]. He has also accrued several hundred US dollars in expenses
>> in obtaining his visa, which was money lent to him by community members
>> when the SLOB denied his request for a travel advance. He is also asking
>> for a cash advance of US $550 to cover local transportation needs in
>> Nigeria and the States [4]. It is likely that the total cost of his and
>> Michaël's travel will exceed the Google budget by some hundreds of
>> dollars. That said, I think it is a worthwhile investment in two dedicated
>> community members. So...
>> Motion: Approve a travel advance for US $2550 (US $2000 SFC prepurchase
>> of an airline ticket and $550 towards local transport) for Samson Goddy's
>> travel to the Google Summer of Code mentor's summit.
>> Your timely response to this motion much appreciated.
>> regards.
>> -walter
>> [1]
>> [2] SLOBs,
>> As you probably know, Google provides a donation of $2,700 which they
>> suggest
>> projects use for travel for mentors and students, ideally for the Mentor
>> Summit.
>> Samson has asked us to book his flight.  It seems it will probably cost
>> around $1,800, but I'm sorting out details with Samson now based on his
>> email
>> in a private thread.
>> I ask that Adam Holt, as Representative to Conservancy from SLOBs, please
>> communicate immediate approval for up to $2,000 for booking Samson's
>> flight
>> (prices may change by the time you send that approve, so extra budget room
>> is a good idea).
>> Note that the budget constraint by Conservancy's travel policy in this
>> case
>> is US$2,748.54 for this particular travel, but the Google funding means we
>> do need to get approval from you, since likely the combined travel for
>> GSoC
>> -- which includes Samson Goddy, Michaël Ohayon, and Cristina Del Puerto --
>> will likely, in combination, go above the $2,700 donation for this purpose
>> from Google.  Others have not sent their travel details so we don't know
>> their travel costs -- if you want to set capped budgets for them as well,
>> please do that immediately too.
>> I recommend approval for all this travel -- provided that it follows
>> Conservancy's main travel policy -- given the large amount of funds Sugar
>> Labs has at its disposal already, but it's of course your decision.
>> Martin Michlmayr
>> [3] Hi GSoC Org Admins --
>> As a thank you for your participation in GCI this year we want to give
>> you 3 slots for mentors to send to the GSoC Mentor Summit (instead of the
>> normal 2).
>> We will add an additional $1100 to your GSoC mentor travel stipend
>> payment (for a total of $3300 for the mentor travel stipends). Feel free to
>> have the third person sign up for the Mentor Summit registration before
>> September 5th, the sooner the better so we can get more folks off of the
>> wait list early.
>> We will of course pay for the 3rd person's room for Friday and Saturday
>> nights as well so be sure they sign up for their hotel room at either the
>> Sunnyvale Sheraton Hotel  or Aloft Santa Clara Hotel before September 5th.
>> It would be great if you sent a mentor that was a mentor for both
>> programs as your third person. The person does need to be at least 18 years
>> old.
>> If you have any questions please let us know.
>> Best,
>> Stephanie and Mary
>> [4] Sure and $550 for travel advance.... I will be in Lagos for almost 7
>> hours and London for 6 hrs, transportation and taxes in Both airport in
>> Nigeria and America. I wanted to fly from Port Harcourt direct to SFO but
>> it will cost additional $1500 to the flight money which i think people in
>> the board might argue on.. So i decided to use Lagos instead of Port
>> Harcourt to save $1.5k, though more stressful but less money spent
>> --
>> Walter Bender
>> Sugar Labs
>> <>
>> _______________________________________________
>> IAEP -- It's An Education Project (not a laptop project!)
> _______________________________________________
> IAEP -- It's An Education Project (not a laptop project!)
Lista olpc-Sur

Responder a