Hi

About NAMESPACES (missing from kernel 3.12.6):

with NAMESPACES ON > VMWARE does not work! - VirtualBox works!
with NAMESPACES OFF > VirtualBox does not work! - VMWare works!

I had disabled temporarely that, for the reason VMWARE products can NOT work...

Kernel 3.12.6: test version with fixes for VMware / Vbox

http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4336

some day after, we succeeded to fix the issue with vmware
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4339

replacing into /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/ the two our files from
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/MIB/rosa2012.1/others/vmware-kernel312/

then, I forgot to recover the previous values in create_configs
right now, I removed this part (the one disabling):

$values{NAMESPACES} = "n";
$values{UIDGID_STRICT_TYPE_CHECKS} = "n";

I can send again a fixed 3.12.9, or wait for kernel 3.12.10 > will be with
NAMESPACES enabled

About Kernel 3.10.28 with BFQv7 > no boot!:

I already realized that does not boot, and I've wrote my comment in

http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4354

3' PC test (3.10.28 on Rosa Marathon 64 and OMV2013 64)

CODE: SELECT ALL
With Kernel LTS 3.10, I had problems during the boot:
I need to investigate about the culprit and fix that
(I've noticed two complains during the build process)

This morning, I've wrote to BFQ staff (Paolo Valente and Arianna Avanzini):

they immediately answered me that there are some problems in V7, and they are
working on v7r1

I've informed them about the problem we found, during the build, with kernel
3.10

block/bfq-iosched.c:3474:3: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
type [enabled by default]

block/bfq-iosched.c:3474:3: warning: (near initialization for
‘iosched_bfq.ops.elevator_init_fn’) [enabled by default]

I asked them, if is possible to have the version of BFQv7r1, also if beta & not
full tested,

so we can verify immediately if, at least, that solves the bad boot problem
with 3.10...

bye, NicCo
-

Il Martedì 4 Febbraio 2014 8:49, Eugene Shatokhin <eugene.shatok...@rosalab.ru>
ha scritto:

Hi,

On 02/02/2014 11:23 PM, Nicolò Costanza wrote:
> Here my own personal feedback, tested on Rosa Marathon x86_64 and
> OMV2013 x86_64:
>
> BFQv7, the new major release of I/O disk scheduler is here!
> http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4354
>
> My first impressions:
> Kernel 3.10.x BFQv7 has some boot trouble,
 Kernel 3.12.x BFQv7 has none
> issue, it runs very fine!
>
> Other testing in progress from me, right now, will be published soon in
> the above MIB Link

> <http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4354>...

Tried 3.10.28 with BFQv7 in a VM and on a laptop. Kernel oops at boot in
BFQ-related stuff in both cases.

I have
 attached the log, just in case.

Regards,