From: Bernhard Rosenkränzer <b...@lindev.ch>
Sender: om-cooker-bounces@ml.openmandriva.orgDate: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:59:37
To: Cooker OpenMandriva<om-cooker@ml.openmandriva.org>
Subject: Re: [OM Cooker] Packaging

On 2014-04-10 13:03, Symbianflo wrote:

> Hi
> Due the freeze ,I have to waste too much time in porting , is there any
> chance that the contrib media be unfreezed?

I'm in favor - contrib is essentially unsupported, so freezing it for
months doesn't make that much sense (and besides people who want to go
wild on untested updates can still do so on cooker, so there's not much
of a reason why anyone would want to throw broken stuff at release
contrib), but this is not something I can just decide by myself.
Do we have any objections?

> I could fork from fresh my gits, pul-requests, updated
> versions/releases, a.s.o. now I must clone on local everything,
> copy from a git/branch to another git/branch, and push again, beside
> that I must publish all one by one.
> On the other hand if you plan another mass rebuild from fresh/contrib
> before the 2014.0 stable, then
> Please publish the failed builds (maybe a google-sheet, as rosa do it,)
> in order to fix them before the release.

Not sure what the status of contrib currently is -- but if we do have a
mass rebuild, will definitely publish failed build lists.

ttyl
bero