Thanks Rugyada,
I think I know what the problem is. In you setup you uncheck auto-login this is
probably the difference between my installs and yours.
You uncheck auto-login in Calamares so it does exactly what it says it will do.
I don't know whether sddm requires some of the directories
that are created by xdg at the first login but I wouldn't mind betting that it
does and so it's unable to start until you have run LXQt.
I'll do a test install and see if I can reproduce the problem now.
Best,
Colin