On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Dan McDonald wrote:

LX Support is now folded into illumos-omnios:master, and therefore is now ready
for OmniOS bloody updates... like this one.

This is very exciting.

Is anyone able to confirm if programs compiled GCC or Clang with Address Sanitizer (ASAN, https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/) enabled are able to function properly in a LX zone? Programs compiled with ASAN use 20GB of virtual memory. I am not sure if any special OS run-time support is required.

I ask this because my main reason to use a Linux OS (vs some other OS like OmniOS) is to check my software using ASAN and valgrind for errors.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn