It?s the same cloud infrastructure but not the same process flow.

Let?s assume for a moment you have an ONAP component which runs on 3 VMs for
fault tolerance (that?s not what we have in the demo setup but what you would
have in production). In an ideal world you should be able to kill one of the
VMs, spin up another one of the same type and the system should be happy again.

Today in reality you will have to go into the VM (sometimes more then one)
after you spin it up and run various commands to ensure that new VM will be
properly integrated with the 2 other once as well as ONAP overall. Not only do
you have to run some commands but you will have to run different once depending
on the component.

Same is true for auto scaling.

So as from the cloud layer it?s all the same the cloud layer is not enough.

The way to fix that of course is to improve the code in each component so that
this becomes fully automatic.  The lack of that is a known shortcoming of the
current implementation.

Oliver

On Apr 20, 2017, at 8:08 AM, Dhananjay Pavgi <DP00476350 at