On 04/20/2017 03:16 AM, Josef Reisinger wrote:
> Folks,
>
> good to see this huge activity on the list .. but honestly, it starts to
> become overwhelming. What do you think about splitting the discussion
> list in per-domain lists, i.e.
> o onap-install for all topics regarding installation in openstack
> (vanilla/rackspace)
> o onap-admin for admin related task, if users in the portal are missing
> etc...
> o onap-develop for the ones interesting to develop onap core functions
> o onap-users for the ones finally creating services using onap.
>
> I know there will be overlap here and there  - what's the view of the
> community?

One of the things we've seen with our various communities is that the
more mailing lists that they have the harder and more confusing it is
for someone new to know where to send their questions and thus they end
up cross-spamming to far more lists than they really need which ends up
seeing the other lists getting a lot of chatter that they really don't need.

Instead of splitting the list, I would suggest that using the topic
feature of mailman until we have a truly relevant need to split out a
particular topic to its own list.

To help this along I've added a few topics to the list.

I'll see about adding information to the ONAP wiki, but in the mean time
here [0] is some documentation from the OpenDaylight wiki on topics.

Topics just now added to the list are:

[admin]
[devel]
[infrastructure] or [infra]
[install]
[user] or [users]

At a very minimum if folks start using topics, even if they aren't
specifically defined then it becomes easier for people to write mail
filters to handle bringing mail that is more relevant to them into a
more visible or manageable location.

-Andy-

[0] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Communication

--