From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Arun Arora (c)
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:18 AM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Cc: Kapil Gupta (c) <gka...@vmware.com>; Jyothis S (c) <jyoth...@vmware.com>
Subject: [onap-discuss] MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

Hello there,

I am writing to discuss about the code flow in MSO to orchestrate the Virtual
Resources.

Currently, we are trying to understand how the OpenStack APIs are called from
MSO for orchestration, and, if there is any intermediate layer in MSO which
makes a decision about using the underlying Cloud platform, if there are more
than one. However, as per our understanding currently only OpenStack is
supported for now.

Our current understanding is based on the MSO HLD available in ONAP wiki and
static code reading. Following is what we understand and request community's
comments on our understanding:

Orchestration Request Flow in MSO - from Network/ VNF Adaptor onwards till
OpenStack

  1.  MSO has Network adapter and VNF adapter which are used to create Virtual
Network or VNF resources
  2.  Both Network adapter and VNF adapter call the OpenStack KeyStone and Heat
APIs for authentication as well as service orchestration
  3.  Following are the major APIs (with filename) called to create Virtual
Network or VNF resources

MSO Network Adaptor
createNetwork() ------------------------> createNetworkContrail()
------------------------> createNetwork() ------------------------>
createStack()------------------------> OpenStack KeyStone & HEAT API calls
NetworkAdapterRest.java                        MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java
                         MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java
MsoHeatUtils.java

MSO VNF Adaptor
createVfModule() ------------------------> createVfModule()
------------------------> CreateStack()------------------------> OpenStack
KeyStone & HEAT API calls
VnfAdapterRest.java
MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java                   MsoHeatUtils.java

We would like to confirm our current understanding. Please provide your
comments and suggestions on this.
Also, currently we are not clear about the code from the MSO northbound
Interfaces to Netwotk/ VNF Adaptor. So, any help on this as well is much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun Arora