Dear Chris and ONAP community
I understand and appreciate your leadership of this subcommittee to align
different position and I would to clarify some points:

1-      Yes the VFC is mentioned in the ONAP charter but without any
explanation about the functionality of this component which to my knowledge it
is not part of the Open-o and we have discovered it during the ONS 2017.
Comparing to Ecomp, we have a clear documented white paper describing overall
architecture and technical components.

2-      Concerning the AT&T /China Mobile agreement, I would like to clarify
that ONAP is a merge between the OpenEcomp project proposal supported by some
members and the Open-O project and not an AT&T/China Mobile project. Phil and
Kenny I would like you as LF to clarify this point as my understanding the ONAP
project is governed by a clear charter  and not by some company agreement or
discussion.

3-      I would like to remember the community that the TSC decision, during
the last F2F meeting in China, was to approve the APPC, VFC and SO
provisionally waiting  an alignment from the architecture point of view  : the
TSC approved the VF-C (APPC/SO) Projects as an incubation projects within ONAP
provisional on alignment with the overall architecture if such dependencies are
identified

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/onap-meeting/2017/onap-meeting.2017-06-08-01.38.log.html

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/onap-meeting/2017/onap-meeting.2017-06-09-01.07.html

4-      My expectation was to have a feedback from the architecture
subcommittee to the TSC on this alignment and to have a final approval of these
3 projects. Phil and Kenny I would like to raise this question during the next
TSC meeting and also to indicate in the wiki that these 3 projects are
provisionally approved.

5-      We have clearly identified an overlapping problem between APP-C, VF-C
and between VF-C and SO (as VF-C is also an NFVO) and the conclusion was to
wait Rel-2  or Rel-3 in order to find a solution. This will mean that we have a
high risk to not deliver a useful Rel-1 and this risk was clearly viewed during
the virtual meeting discussion on DCAE and SDC.

6-      I think we have a time to converge rapidly our view by merging  APPC
and VFC and having one integrated orchestrator, as proposed by Vimal,  before
to be late.
The industry is waiting our Rel-1 and unfortunately, as Justin Paul said in his
Linkedin post, ONAP leads, but its not over 'til the fat lady sings... and we
may not have any song ...
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nfv-orchestration-onap-leads-its-over-til-fat-lady-sings-paul?trk=v-feed&trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_content%3B19yY4VKdyLkiQWwvYF88Qg%3D%3D

Regards
Jamil