Hi Arun and all,

Sorry for the late response, I just want to re-state my concern during the
conf call earlier on the mailing-list.

My first concern is that for the data modeling, we should adopt a common
denominator of different VIM implementations. This means each concept
defined in the data model here should be able to correctly mapped to
various VIM implementations within scope. Moreover, a good data model
should represent a relationship of abstraction rather than aggregation.

Take Resource Cluster Group Class for example, it merely represents an
arbitrary aggregation of the Resource Cluster Group which means this
concept does not provide any abstraction over underlying resource concept.
Another problem is that only VMware implementation has a nicely mapped
corresponding concept to RCGC, whereas in OpenStack it is just obscurely
mapped to "a set of host-aggregates".

And if you remove the RCG point in the diagram provided in [0], you can see
that no major connection will be disrupted, which also proves as a leaf
node it is not a necessary one.

RCGC is something I would recommend we avoid for the data modeling of
multicloud.

Secondly, I'm concerned with the concept of resource slice. Again it seems
very arbitrarily crafted as a subset of resource (which again I fail to see
an abstraction relationship but an aggregation one). It would be great if
this concept is necessary then we have a very good detailed explanation of
why we need it.

[0]
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Cloud+Infrastructure+Aggregate+Representation+Classes

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:26 AM, denghui (L) <denghu...@huawei.com> wrote:

> Hello modelers,
>

> We are hoping that  people could raise the discussion point before next
> Tuesday modeling call in this list or wiki page, we will limit one point
> discussion time during our next call.
>

> Thanks a lot
>

> DENG Hui

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhip...@huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipe...@uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado