From: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org> On Behalf Of
Michael O'Brien
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:09 PM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org; serverasc...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [oom][sdnc] Just deploy sdnc?

Curtis,
   Hello fellow onap deployment enthusiast.
   Your question is very relevant for developer environments and limited memory
VM’s like a dev kubernetes cluster running on a laptop.
   I am trying to keep track of issues I also run into here.

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ONAP+Development#ONAPDevelopment-DeveloperDeployment

   Ideally – each onap pod in the values.yaml can be deployed independently –
in general I have seen this – there are the odd non-atomic check between pods
like sdc to dmaap for their hc.
   In general for runtime at least you will see issues with dependent
microservices – streaming logs from the filebeat sidecar will fail for example
if log-logstash is not up – however 2/2 and 3/3 pods including a filebeat
container are not blocked by runtime – and will start fine.
    In your case the sdnc-0 filebeat is not working because the emptydir pv is
likely not up yet between the 2 pods.
   You can consult one possible hierarchy of deployment in the review
https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/75422/

   For your init failures like dmaap – I would expect they should not be
blocked by no dmaap pods – but I usually run with at least the base pods
aaf,dmaap and aai if I run any other pod like sdnc, appd, sdc, so etc…
    Is there a reason you are not running with some minimal subset – in one of
my development cases I run with just robot and aai or robot and log/pomba/dmaap
– however I did not exercise all the functionality to verify this scenario was
fully functional.
    /michael

3.0.0-ONAP Casablanca tag from yesterday
onap onap-sdnc-nengdb-0 1/1 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-network-name-gen-7f95f5bfc8<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/7f95f5bfc8>-92jdx
 1/1 Running 0 5h
onap onap-sdnc-sdnc-0 2/2 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-sdnc-ansible-server-7d595dd8<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/7d595dd8>-rp5rc
 1/1 Running 0 5h
onap onap-sdnc-sdnc-db-0 2/2 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-sdnc-dgbuilder-7c8fcbff77<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/7c8fcbff77>-9drhc
 1/1 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-sdnc-dmaap-listener-fd8bf55cf<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/fd8bf55cf>-qqqwz
 1/1 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-sdnc-portal-55976f4bd<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/55976f4bd>-qpd6x
1/1 Running 0 5h
onap
onap-sdnc-sdnc-ueb-listener-7bf689f8b9<https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/7bf689f8b9>-q2p4x
 1/1 Running 0 5h

A rule of thumb – if you don’t see the pod up within an hour – it will likely
not come up  - this is a timeout limitation of kubernetes jobs – that is being
fixed by moving to helm hooks in Dublin – in that case restart your pod – flip
the enabled flag – however an important point – delete the
/dockerdata-nfs/onap-<pod> dir – as some pods will not rerun their config job
if the directory is populated.

Also note the deletion cleanup steps – also for rogue pods
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ONAP+Development#ONAPDevelopment-RemoveaDeployment

do a describe on your failed pod to get info – it looks like sdnc-0 is waiting
on the dmaap and ueb listeners – check requirements.yaml hierarchy to be sure.
casablanca-sdnc-0                                  1/2     CrashLoopBackOff
46         3h31m

From: onap-discuss@
lists.onap.org
<onap-discuss@lists.onap.org<mailto:onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>> On Behalf Of