Hi

today there is no Holmes tests in daily/weekly/gating CI/CD - CI/CD chains
e.g. last daily Guilin:
https://logs.onap.org/onap-integration/daily/onap_daily_pod4_guilin/01-11-2021_05-01/
there are some on CSIT (functional tests)  - I assume functionnal tests run in
Maven (not very explicit on jenkins https://jenkins.onap.org/view/holmes/)

Until Dublin the 2 Holmes healthcheck
(https://github.com/onap/testsuite/blob/el-alto/robot/testsuites/health-check.robot
 Lines 290-296)
were included in CI/CD (health tag) but as Holmes was not in Frankfurt it was
removed and not restored in Guilin.

I finally had a look at the tests :)
https://github.com/onap/testsuite/blob/master/robot/resources/holmes_interface.robot

it looks like a simple healthcheck that is covered by the readiness/liveness
probe in the CI/CD test dealing with infra
In case of errors, we will get it in
https://logs.onap.org/onap-integration/daily/onap_daily_pod4_guilin/01-11-2021_05-01/infrastructure-healthcheck/k8s/kubernetes-status/index.html

so if the tests remain as they are now, there is no need to reintroduce them
because they do not bring additional values.

However healthcheck tests can be improved (because these healthcheck can be OK
but the components not working as expected) and/or functional tests can be
introduced in CI/CD in order to offer a better test during daily/weekly/gating
chains.
The better coverage we have in CI/CD, the more stability we have at the end.

/Morgan