Based upon our experience in Hyperledger project, a chat.onap.org (or whatever)
address will NOT work from China.  That shot rocketchat down just when I
thought we were golden. This also pretty much also scratches Stride (hipchat’s
replacement) from the list, besides the fact that we have no in-house
administrative experience with the tool.

At this point it is time we are going to move forward with WeChat.
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/WeChat
<https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/WeChat>
It has a Windows client, a Mac client and a web client available.

This application is owned by Silver LFN Member, Tencent and I will be reaching
out to them regarding our usage.

I am not expecting this to be seamless or perfect, but it is a solution that
should not block anyone from being able to ping someone.

Please use the wiki page above and make updates with tips, tricks and questions
that can be shared with the community.

Best Regards,
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kp...@linuxfoundation.org, 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone