From: "Christopher Donley (Chris)" <christopher.don...@huawei.com>
Date: Friday, April 20, 2018 at 10:24 AM
To: Kenny Paul <kp...@linuxfoundation.org>, Phil Robb
<pr...@linuxfoundation.org>, "onap-tsc@lists.onap.org" <onap-tsc@lists.onap.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] TSC Composition Proposal

Kenny,

I think that's the wrong way to frame this. I don't object to any company being
represented on the TSC, but I think we need to look at the needs of the
community and what leadership structure would best support it.

Earlier, Mazin expressed his principles for the new TSC.  Here are mine:
Everyone on the TSC needs to have 'skin in the game'.  Everyone needs to be
engaged and making a contribution. Further, we all need to be accountable to
the community.  As Alex mentioned on one of our calls, ONAP is a large and
complicated project, and we need different contributions from people with
different skill sets.  I think that is valid and important, and and we should
recognize myriad contributions.  Also, in your feeback slide, you wrote that
the TSC was perceived to be:
·  Company Centric - Not Community Focused

·    Only a few engage beyond their own company walls or organizational silos

·    One-way conversations are common versus interactive dialogs with the
Community   Decisions seem to be made in private by a small subset of people

·    Opposing Community viewpoints or concerns are often marginalized

I think holding elections, where the TSC is accountable to the community, will
help with this.

2. The TSC should be of reasonable size to make timely decisions.  From my past
experience, this is somewhere between 12-15 people.  As it is now, we're having
trouble reaching quorum with 18.  I don't want to see the size of the TSC
expanded where it reduces effectiveness.  Also, looking at Bitergia, it appears
that only 20 companies are contributing to ONAP.  I don't want to see the TSC
larger than that – then we're starting to get into companies with negligible
(or no) contributions.  I suggest we target 15 for steady-state, while allowing
additional seats for a year for newly-joined platinum members.

3.  I have no objections to allowing platinum members who joined less than a
year ago to maintain their seat while they formulate their strategy and begin
to make contributions.

Chris