From: ONAP-TSC@lists.onap.org [mailto:ONAP-TSC@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Terrill
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2018 6:09 PM
To: Arash Hekmat <arash.hek...@amdocs.com>; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@lists.onap.org>; onap-disc...@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

Hi Arash, All,

Thank-you for the suggestion - I think that this is a topic worthy of debate and bringing forward.  It would be beneficial to create clear expectations on the decision process and the ability to be efficient in this, and allow sufficient time between when the proposal for decision is requested and the decision meeting itself.  Afterall, a “surprise” request for decision is often meet with pushback as there is often a need to reflect and discuss with others.

I agree that all requests for a decision should be posted in advance to give time for reflection, debate and collecting input.  An exception due to time constraints maybe the milestone decisions.

-          I support that all decisions requests are posted in advance.  1 week maybe too long though, how about on the prior Monday?

-          It can be that decisions required two meeting cycles – the first one can often be for information before the decision if it is complex or controversial.

It may make sense to capture a policy around this; I think also that this is independent of the TS composition as it is also clarity for the community irrespective of the decided TSC composition.

BR,

Steve.