Dear ONAP TSC Members,

During the ONAP Casablanca Developer Forum in Beijing we have promised to
upstream our ONAP offline deployment tool.

As of yesterday, finally we did hold to our promise and published SI (Self
Installer) in ONAP Supporting Tools wiki:

(the delay was due to development of additional the package builder which was
initially done manually,  and the big self-extracting tarball was not suitable
community – over 60GB)

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Beijing+OOM+ONAP+Offline+Deployment (
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Beijing+OOM+ONAP+Offline+Deployment )

the code is already merged in Integration project:

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70479 ( https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70479 ) Core of
ONAP offline installer
https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70480 ( https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70480 ) Add
downloading scripts of onap artifacts
https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70481 ( https://gerrit.onap.org/r/70481 ) Add ONAP
specific artifacts lists for download

Note: current version of offline SI supports only ONAP Beijing release and is
script based, for Casablanca we are migrating to Ansible and that will be also
up streamed.

We would also like to propose to include similar functionality in ONAP as
official project (we will follow the formal approval path).

Of course current implementation is not suitable for such, but we are planning
to submit proposal for ONAP Offline Installer prior Dublin Release Developers
Forum to be in time for your review (targeting El Alto release).  During the
forum, we could also answer all the questions related and listen to your
feedback.

In the meantime if you do not mind, we’ll open confluence page to start
gathering industry and community requirements toward such solution.

Thank you very much

/robert