>”Special and General Relativity and the relativity of inertial frames implies
>that when the past is past for one set of people it is not necessarily past
>for another set of people (as long as they are in different inertial frames).
>We've conducted multiple experiments that confirm relativity (in fact all our
>GPS devices would have failed if it were not working). Relativity of time is a
>real thing. This implies the past isn't some universally gone thing; we just
>can't see it when it's the past in our frame of reference.”

I’ve settled my concerns about special relativity. The energy balance question,
with the obvious, verifiable energy implications of a large Lorentz factor, is
pretty much a no-brainer.

But on general relativity, not so sure. The thing that first got me into this
whole line of questioning relativity theory was my discovery that the
frequently-cited GPS “evidence” was false. It’s naught but an urban legend. A
big, fat nothing-burger. Even one of the heads in the development of GPS said
that relativity corrections play no part in GPS technology. Refer to Barry
Springer’s article, for an outline of the engineering feedback control
algorithms (Laplace transformations) that are integral to GPS functioning:

Springer, Barry (2013). Does GPS Navigation Rely Upon Einstein's Relativity?
Proceedings of the NPA:
http://worldnpa.org/does-the-gps-system-rely-upon-einsteins-relativity/

sj