Hi all,

I guess the migration shouldn't be very difficult, in case of the
implementation.
It could be done like in the neutron helper implementation, which uses the
neutron endpoint to make request directly to the Neutron rest API.
How ever, OOI requests will need to include parameters that are now
provided by nova, for instance the tenant id that is taken from the "nova
request information", If I'm not wrong.

On the other hand, what do you plan to use to deploy the OOI service?

Cheers,

Jorge Sevilla

> Hi,
>
> now that we have some more maintainers in the mailint list, lets revisit
> this topic.
>
> What do you think about moving from nova-api into our own service?
>
> On 04 Aug 2016 (11:35), Álvaro López García wrote:
> > Dear ooiers,
> >
> > moving forward with ooi I think it is worth to stop using nova-api for
> > running our interface, and create our own standalone binary and service
> > (e.g. ooi-api or something like that).
> >
> > This way we would benefit from having our own configuration (i.e.
> > nova.conf) and paste (i.e. api-paste.ini) files, remaining completely
> > independent from the nova installation, so there would be no need to
> > patch the installation whenever an update takes place. Moreover, this
> > will ease the installation with devstack, thus we would be able to
> > implement integration testing more easily with the OpenStack CI (and
> > even run Rally jobs).
> >
> > If you agree we can start discussing all the different possibilities for
> > implementing it.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> --
> Álvaro López García                              al...@ifca.unican.es
> Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
> Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
> Avda. de los Castros s/n                            skype: aloga.csic
> 39005 Santander (SPAIN)
>
> --

Dr. Jorge Sevilla Cedillo

LIP  http://www.lip.pt