From: Frank Peters [mailto:frank.thomas.pet...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:15
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wiki for the project

[ ... ]

Why don't we start an Apache wiki with podling activities and
work on preparing the migration of data from the current
wiki. It would also be a good opportunity to do some
housekeeping there. We would finally end up with one
wiki for both the project and the product.

[ ... ]

Online help originally is LGPL since it is part of the
source tree. I have been involved in both the help XML format
and the help authoring framework that was mentioned in another
thread, so I'd be happy to help out here as well.

One thing we need to consider is the cost of localization
of the application help (around 400k words), so we should
carefully balance cost for the project vs benefit to the user.

My favorite way to go would be having core help with the bits
and "extended" help online, but that is off-topic here.

Frank