Dave Fisher wrote:

On Jun 17, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

On 17 June 2011 00:00, Andy Brown<a...@the-martin-byrd.net>  wrote:
I have seen references to "user facing" web items, web pages, wiki and
mailing list.  What will happen to the forum at
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/ ?  It is an very useful user
facing asset that I would hate to see lost.  If it is transfered what will
be require from those that provide assistance there?  Will the moderators be
required to committers?  Thus requiring an iCLA?

There are many other things to consider in this question:

- will infra@ be willing to host an instance of the software
- can we migrate the content?
- is it under a suitable licence to allow migration
- is the forum approach the right solution today
- and many more issues

Gavin McDonald on infrastructure was asking about this. He said it would fall
to him. Someone who know will have to give him details.

I know that Japan is currently dependent on an openoffice.org hosted forum(s?).

Regards,
Dave

This forum is on Oracle servers. The forum runs on phpBB. I will ask some questions and see what I can find out or see if the admin can help out here.

Andy