Hello,

luizh...@gmail.com wrote on 2011-07-08 01.48:
> list in Brazil [2]. But, this week someone from the list of TDF did not like
> these referrals. Then I ask if we can start thinking about structuring an
> OOo users list in Brazilian portuguese.

I guess I have to clarify this topic a bit (and sorry for hijacking the
thread, I propose subsequent discussions should take place on the LibO
lists).

I am also one of the administrators of TDF, and today, we received a
complaint to postmaster@ by a Brazilian user that messages he sent in
have been made public. From what I understood, the messages he sent to
the contact form to reach the Brazilian team has been forwarded to a
public mailing lis, probably by you, Luiz.

Forwarding private correspondence to public mailing lists is a no-go,
and can even involve legal troubles. It's now up to us to purge the
archives.

So, it has nothing to do with disliking referrals - you can forward
questions, but you cannot forward private data of senders. Those people
were contacting you in private with a contact form, and now end up
seeing not only their messages, but also their private data including
signatures, phone numbers etc. on a public mailing list.

Again, this is a no-go, and I guess the Apache folks would see it
similar if you did this on their infrastructure.

So much for clarification - I propose all other discussion can take
place in private or on the LibO mailing list, as it does not directly
affect Apache.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108