Am 07/09/2011 12:05 AM, schrieb David McKay:
Doesn't the dropping of the .org imply renaming the product not just the
project? The name of the product is OpenOffice.org because the name
OpenOffice was registered elsewhere. If the new name was 'Apache
OpenOffice' would that be different enough from the other OpenOffice (a
company inthe Netherlands I believe) to not cause problems?

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. It was just a hint to think about new things. You know: new game --> new possibilities. ;-)

Back when it was Sun's OpenOffice.org and then Oracle's OpenOffice.org
the 'Sun' and 'Oracle' didn't make it into part of the product name

It was the decision of the companies not to do it.

itself. (I'm just curious. I'd like to see the back of the .org myself.)

That's OK.

BTW:
Publish permission means I can write articles and admin rights means to write articles *and* to moderate comments. Right?

Marcus