On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Rob Weir <r...@robweir.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
>> <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
>>

>> <snip>

>> > AFAIR Sun did that some time ago, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>

> Yes, Sun did this (probably for every official "release").

If so, this might have been kept on the corporate side, not on the
community website.

For example, searching Google for "site:openoffice.org ECCN" shows
several requests for this information [1] [2] [3] over the years, but
no useful responses.

Looks like LO discussed it briefly [4], but dismissed it under the
misapprehension that since they are not in the US, the regulation is
irrelevant.   We'll obviously want to do better here.  It may not make
a much of a difference to the individual downloaded of AOOo, but this
paperwork is essential for anyone who might want to bundle AOOo with
laptops, for example.  The location of the project is not the solitary
relevant fact.  The location of the users and re-distributors is the
key thing.

[1] http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/users/archive/2004-12/message/24

[2]
http://openoffice.org/projects/marketing/lists/dev/archive/2005-11/message/204

[3] http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/users/archive/2009-12/message/653

[4] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.discuss/6138

I'll check what we did for IBM Lotus Symphony.

-Rob