On 31.08.2011 10:02, Shane Curcuru wrote:
Great discussions, thanks all.

On 8/30/2011 8:46 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
Hi Eike,

Am 31.08.2011 00:09, schrieb Eike Rathke:
Hi Peter,

On Tuesday, 2011-08-30 22:58:38 +0800, Peter Junge wrote:

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/OpenOfficeSkribble.jpg

This uses the old logo with black Open and gulls and blue Office.org
(though I think I understand why), it should use the new logo instead.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this. I already pointed BHV on this issue and
the final version of their package will use the current logo.

Indeed, they do need to use the current versions.

They are aware of that.

There should be some material at
http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo_brand.html but the entire
openoffice.org site currently doesn't respond for me so I couldn't look
it up. A fixed size version of the logo can be seen at
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de/

I have an SVG and a EPS version of the logo on my hard disk.
Unfortunately, they were never made publicly available. If someone can
point me on what to do with them, I would be happy to getting them
online. Don't know if there's any copyright issue related to it.

Oracle has transferred the marks and logos to the ASF, so unless there's
some reason that the original author didn't intend for the logo to be
used for the project, then I suggest finding a suitable place in SVN
(perhaps on the website), and just checking them in.

I'm not too familiar with SVN. Is there a way to check them in, without checking out the whole content of the AOOo website beforehand? That would certainly take ages with the connection I have in Beijing.

Peter

[3]
http://www.amazon.de/dp/3826673476?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&tag=idealoversand-21

It's years old, but.. this is at least as bad, it's just the outline
with all colors removed.

This was just an example that BHV is offering this package since many
years. I would totally agree that the color scheme is suboptimal. ;-)

Peter