Things appear to be quite heated surrounding the forum transition area and I
fear this is ultimately going to rip apart a very strong existing portion of
the OOo community if it continues on the path its going. I thought a big
part of the Apache way is building and sustaining a community surrounding
the project as well as the project itself. But it appears the only way to
become a contributor for the time being is to have a developer set of
skills. Forums/support a long side with documentation require a completely
different skill set.. I'd hope the ASF has some kind of way to acknowledge
this level of work.