On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:00:04 +0200
Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped - synopsis of the proposed move of forums to Apache>

> It is is still a confusing situation, and we finally started a draft
> of the necessary changes:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
> but as you can see, it is incomplete and not yet voteable. Some more
> work is required. The offline time of the boards does not help, of
> course :(
>
> Hope I have expressed everything very well.

Very well (and fairly) expressed, Christian.

The comments by Peter Roelhofsen (floris_v on the forum) on the wiki page cited
above in general express the overall view of forum volunteers, I think; we
mostly feel that trying to impose the existing Apache structure on the forms is
overkill and may stifle it.  I recommend that the comments on the wiki page be
carefully read;  note that the forum is willing to modify its structures to fit
in with Apache, but there does not seem to be a similar flexibility on the
Apache side.

The forum downtime (which I hope is being worked upon) does not help us move
towards a decision.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>