Hi Marcus,
hi list,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 01:15:34 +0200, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> it seems the end is near and the "download.services.openoffice.org"
> host on Oracle side with our Mirrorbrain instance will be shutdown
> in one week.

Okay... Little question, wouldn't it make sense, at this point, to take
the download.s.o.o VM and move it somewhere else? I don't have the disk
space myself, but maybe somebody else has? Perhaps the ASF can provide
the space? (Other than disk space, the requirements are pretty modest.)
Then the entire download service could continue to run, with very low
effort, and without the need to build everything from scratch for now.

> As we cannot buildup a solution that is running, tested and
> long-term-proven in a few days I would like to ask you if we can
> switch to your "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org" instance as long as we
> have no other solution at hand.
>
> In the past it was a very reliable host that we have used when there
> were outages (mostly unplanned as you know) and doesn't resulted in
> a significant higher load on the host.
>
> So, it would help us very much to have a stable download section
> until we have an own solution here at ASF.

Yes, please use my host for now!

> Thanks in advance and have a nice, sunny weekend.

Thanks a lot. Same to you all,
Peter