Hi Dennis, *,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> I read somewhere, and I don't know where, that ASF did not want torrents to
> be used.
> I'm guessing that the issue is related to ensuring the integrity and
>authenticity of
> packaged releases.

That doesn't make sense - integrity is assured by bittorrent by
providing sha1sums for each  chunk. And authenticity can be assured
just like it is with regular releases - just include a corresponding
signature file within the torrent.

> I may have dreamed it or I am mixing this up with something else.

If those were the only reasons, then they were made-up arguments.

But bittorrent only makes sense for larger files anyway.

ciao
Christian