From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2w...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 16:20
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [proposal] Neutral / shared security list ...

On Oct 25, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
> <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
>> Oh, and the most important part:
>>
>> In want way is the AOOo party to the consensus that is reached?  That
>> ooo-security (an agent of the PPMC, essentially) will participate in the
>> described community arrangement if established? Something else?
>>

> It would be good to also include in the proposal how IP will be
> treated.  By my reading of the iCLA this would not be covered, since
> it is not an Apache list.  We'd need to make some other agreement,
> take it to legal-discuss, etc.

I'm not so sure.

ooo-security is responsible for assuring that security fixes for AOOo are AL2
compatible. If the shared security group is not producing compatible IP in
response to a security threat that is a different problem. If it happens often
then ooo-security will need to discuss this with ooo-private.

We can make it a mission statement of this group to help all the peers produce
fixes that are compatible with their licenses. I don't think we can guarantee
all individuals on the team will be able to always do so. Requiring such an
affirmation is clearly a blocker for some individual's participation.

Regards,
Dave