From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2w...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 15:35
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: flo...@documentfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [proposal] Neutral / shared security list ...

Hi -

Sorry to reply to myself.

Even though there are choices in this email. Please view it as a proposal.
Where we are seeking lazy consensus.

On Oct 25, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Agreed. We need to pick a neutral domain name. office-security.org is
>>> apparently free.
>>>
>>> Some institution needs to buy domain registration. I've been the volunteer
>>> registrar for a social groups domain, it is a pain to transition. This needs
>>> to be an institution, it could be Team OOo?
>>>

>> I think they are too close to the matter.  SPI exists specifically to hold
>> assets in trust - perhaps they would hold the registration for us all?  If
>> we agree I'd be happy to volunteer to contact them.
>>
>> It's also possible we could ask OSI to do it - Jim Jagielski and I are both
>> on the Board at present.
>
> These are both interesting ideas.

The proposal is to pick a domain and get registration  Simon volunteers to help.

>>> An ISP for hosting the private ML needs to be selected. Dennis suggests
>>> that the ASF could be that ISP for free.
>
> <slight snip/>
>
> And:
>
> <insert>
>
> On Oct 25, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>

>> If we basically agree that such a list as outlined by me is a way to go, I
>> am happy to ask a friend of mine who has a very good reputation in being a
>> mail server, mailing list and security expert, with a very good track
>> record, including all sorts of certifications. He is offering e-mail
>> services as business.
>>
>> I just don't want to spread the name publically without asking him first,
>> and I don't want to ask him, before we have some common understanding. :-)
>>

> </insert>

The proposal is for the exiting securityteam to choose, the above are two
possibilities.

>>> securityteam@oo.o is migrated to whatever the new list is, and those
>>> people start administrating.
>>>
>>> I think it is very important for the public to know who all of the projects
>>> are on the shared ML.

I propose that this shared security team provide a list of participating peers
to the public.

>>> Are we done already :-)
>
> Let's let the world revolve to see if we have some Consensus.

Revolve 3x or 72 hours.

Regards,
Dave