On 02/11/2011 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
I think the most-important thing that Oracle could do right now,
while the forwarding service is operating, is send a bulk e-mail to
all current myname@ openoffice.org account holders asking them to
opt-in to any transfer to Apache.

This is a brilliant idea and I fully agree. It would be the best trade-off between ensuring that there will be no major disruptions and not requiring too much effort on Oracle side.

I personally depend on my @openoffice.org account for many activities and losing my alias would effectively disconnect me from the project and require that I resubscribe to more than fifty mailing lists; but more than my personal case (if the alias goes away I'll notice it soon and I'll know what to do) dropping the aliases without notice or without offering an opt-in replacement would be problematic for those who are not following this list or who are still waiting on the sidelines.

Regards,
  Andrea.