Jim,
I'd be happy to help draft this and promote it. As you may know, I've
been wanting to send such a letter, anyway, and have independently
been making efforts to communicate to the ecosystems (note plural).

Further, as I was fairly instrumental  in setting many of these up and
certainly in promoting them, I hope my effort would be helpful.

-louis